Graduate studies opportunities
Visit the student tab to consult the list of graduate studies opportunities.
Several positions are currently available!
Back to the 2015 RQR Symposium
The 8th RQR Symposium took place on November 17th and 18th at the Omni Mont-Royal Hotel in Montreal.
Again this year, it was preceeded of a pre-symposium workshop on Monday November 16th. The workshop was entitled Knowledge Translation as a Career: Success Stories from the RQR. For more details on this workshop, you can consult the preliminary program.
GUEST SPEAKERS :
- Christopher Geyer, East Carolina University : Defining the essential role for retinoic acid (RA) in spermatogonial differentiation
- Rebecca Krisher, National Foundation for Fertility Research : The Mammalian Oocyte: Metabolic Challenges and Opportunities
- Catherine Racowsky, Brigham and Women's Hospital : Embryo selection in clinical IVF: The relevance and current status
The 2015 edition of the RQR Symposium attracted a record number of participants with a total of 230 registrations. The event included 66 posters presentions in addition to the presentations of our 3 guest speakers and 14 oral presentations of students. Several awards were presented:
Winners best oral presentations :
- Tie (250$ each) : Mahmoud Aarabi, McGill University and Jenna Haverfield, Université de Montréal
- Nazem El-Husseini, McGill University (100$)
Winners best poster presentations :
- Mathieu Nadeau-Vallée, Université de Montréal (300$)
- Cayetana Vazquez de Castro Diez, Université de Montréal (200$)
- Lundi Ly, McGill University (100$)
Awardees of the 2015 RQR knowledge transfer award :
- Researcher Award : Daniel Cyr from INRS
- Trainee Award : Hermance Beaud, PhD trainee at INRS (laboratory of Dr. Géraldine Delbès)
Congratulations to all the awardees !