Results of the 2014 New Collaboration Grants
From the last RQR New Collaboration Grant Competition, Six grants of 5 000$ were awarded to stimulate the creation of new collaborations between members of the network.
The six funded projects are the following:
- The role of WNT signaling in modulating steroidogenesis in Leydig cells, Alexandre Boyer from the Université de
Montréal and Jacques J. Tremblay from the Université Laval.
- Impact of environmental mixture of estrogen on cell interaction during fetal testicular development, Géraldine Delbès and Daniel Cyr from the INRS—Institut Armand Frappier.
- Modulation of endometrial receptivity to IL1 by embryonic trophoblastic signals: Use of a human endometrial-trophoblast co-culture model, Ali Akoum from the Université Laval and Cathy Vaillancourt from the INRS—Institut Armand Frappier.
- Use of Chrna7 KO mouse model to study the mechanisms by which cerebral and peripheral CAP signaling impacts on brain microglia responses to LPS stimulation in vivo and in vitro and on ovarian function, Martin Frasch and Derek Boerboom from the Université de Montréal.
- Male infertility: is PSAP and/or its derived SapB essential for fertilization, Carlos Morales and Cristian O’Flaherty from McGill University.
- Understanding the control of spermatogonial stem cells maintenance, Simon Wing and Makoto Nagano from McGill University.
Networking activity with veterinarians
The RQR is organising a networking activity with the veterinarians. The goals of this activity are to:
- Establish communications and interactions between RQR researchers and veterinarians to determine the needs of producers
- Identify the problems faced by veterinarians and producers and work together to address key issues facing the industry in terms of reproduction.
Subject: What are the problems to be addressed and what advances in research are needed to improve reproduction in the different industries (porcine, bovine, ...)?
When: June 17, 2014 from 10AM to 3PM in room 0448 of the Faculty of veterinary medicine in Saint-Hyacnithe