The 13th edition of the RQR Symposium was held virtually on November 9-11. The Symposium workshop about “Technologies in Microscopy” was very popular and attracted 119 participants. In addition, the participants attended the seminars of invited speakers: Dr. Patrick Blondin from Semex-Boviteq, Dr. Bibiana Pulido from the University of Montreal, Dr. Pascal Gagneux (University of California), Dr. Patricia Ann Hunt (Washington State University) and Dr. Thomas Spencer (University of Missouri).
During this Symposium, the RQR awarded 2 prizes in knowledge transfer, 3 prizes for the best oral presentations, 3 prizes for the best poster presentations and 1 prize for students of the GDR repro group. In addition to presentations by guest speakers, participants were able to attend 15 oral presentations and view 37 posters.
Winners for the best oral presentations
- Aleksandar Mihajlovic, Université de Montréal (1st prize – 500$)
- Philippe Godin, Université de Montréal (2nd prize – 250$)
- Emilie Brûlé, McGill University (3rd prize – 100$)
Winners for the best poster presentations
- Xiaotong Wang, McGill University (1st prize – 500$)
- Patricia Tremblay, Université Laval (2nd prize – 250$)
- Clair Lin, McGill University (3rd prize – 100$)
Winner for the best presentation- GDR repro students
- Julie Beurois, PhD student, Université Grenoble-Alpes (France)
Winners of the KT award
- Researcher award : Dre. Sylvie Girard, Université de Montréal
- Student award : Elizabeth Elder (étudiante au doctorat), Université de Montréal.
Recognition for EDI activities
- Dr. Bernard Robaire, McGill University
- Dre. Clémence Belleannée, Université Laval
- Melany Juarez, PhD student, INRS