The 14th edition of the RQR annual Symposium was held virtually on October 14 and 15, given the pandemic context. Again this year, we had wonderful speakers and excellent student presentations. A few figures on this year symposium:
- 204 attendees
- 5 invited speakers
- 15 student oral presentations
- 48 posters
The pre-symposium event (Domestic Animal DOHaD & Epigenetics) held virtually on October 12 and 13 was also very popular and attracted 118 attendees.
The RQR awarded four excellence awards for oral presentations, three excellence awards for poster presentations, and one knowledge transfer award.
Winners of the best oral presentations
- Lia Paim, Université de Montréal (1st prize – 500$)
- Nour Abou Nader, Université de Montréal (2nd prize – 300$)
- Ex-aequo; Céline Augière, Université Laval (3rd prize – 100$) & Camilla Hughes, Université de Montréal (3rd prize – 100$)
Winners of the best poster presentations
- Carlos Agustín Isidro Alonso, McGill University (1st prize – 500$)
- Savana Biondic, Université de Montréal (2nd prize – 300$)
- Florine Grudet, Université de Montréal (3rd prize – 100$)
Winners of the KT prize
- Student prize : Elizabeth Elder, Université de Montréal
Once again, we would like to thank everyone that contributed to the event organization. Thanks to all the attendees and speakers. Also, thanks to all the members involved in the oral and poster presentation competitions.
All the information regarding the two events including the programs and booklet are still available on the Symposium website.