February and March 2018
Vol. 11 no. 2
REMINDER! RQR Travel Award – 2018 Competition
Act quickly!!! The deadline to apply to the RQR Travel Awards Competition is extended to March 23, 2018. Awards of a maximum of $ 400 are to cover costs associated with attendance at national or international meeting to promote scientific exchange. For meetings held in the province of Quebec, the maximum amount is $ 200.
The meeting must occur between January 1st and December 31st, 2018 and a limit of two travel grants per laboratory has been set.
- The candidate must give an oral or poster presentation at the meeting;
- The research director must be a member or collaborator of the RQR;
- Only one RQR award per year per trainee;
- The meeting cannot take place in the city where the candidate lives;
- The RQR Symposium does not meet the criteria for this competition.
If the Travel Grant is awarded, the following documents will be required:
- Proof of registration to the meeting;
- Proof that your abstract was accepted for an oral or poster presentation.
RQR Travel Expense Funding Program
Did you know that the RQR offers trainees the opportunity to be reimbursed, fully or partially, for travel expenses incurred while traveling to another laboratory in Quebec? For example, as part of collaborations between two researchers or for participation in technical workshops or other training opportunities.
- Costs covered by this program include: hotels, train and bus tickets, parking tickets, and fuel costs ($ 0.43 per km or $ 0.53 per km if carpooling). For fuel, a receipt from the meeting place must be provided.
- The trip must be to the laboratory of a principal investigator based in Québec who is a member or collaborator of the RQR.
- The trip must be outside of the city where the applicant resides.
- The maximum amount of the refund is set at $ 1000 per student per year.
- The RQR pre-Symposium workshop do not meet the conditions of this program.
You can apply throughout the year by sending the application form to email@example.com
This program will be available until funds are exhausted.
RQR grants for new collaborations
As part of the funding program for new collaborations in Axis 2, we congratulate Drs. Sylvie Girard and Cathy Vaillancourt, Cathy Vaillancourt and Isabelle Plante as well as Clémence Belleannée and Daniel Cyr for establishing their new collaborations. Each of these teams will benefit from a $5,000 grant funded by the RQR.
CRRD and RQR Workshop-Staging Spermatogenesis
A training workshop on staging spermatogenesis, jointly organized by CRRF and RQR, will be held on March 22th and 23rd, 2018 at McGill University at the following address:
Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building
3640 University Street, Room 1/56 (Histology Lab)
Montréal, Qc H3A 0C7
Places are still available! To register, please send the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21st, 2018.
All documents are available here.
Student presentation wanted
A day on epigenetics will be organized as a satellite to the Canadian Fertility & Andrology Society (CFAS) meeting, which will be organized on September 12 in Montreal at the Westin Hotel.
Four international invited speakers will present their research projects and 6 RQR students will have the opportunity to present their scientific results.
If you are interested, please send your abstract by email to email@example.com by April 15, 2018.
You can consult the invitation and the program for all details.
Events to come...
Symposium of the RQR
The 11th Annual Symposium of the RQR will take place on November 13rd and 14th, 2018 at the New Residence Hall in Montréal.
Details of the event will be available shortly on the new RQR website. Stay tuned!