RQR Travel Award 2018 Competition
The RQR is pleased to announce its 2018 Travel Award Competition for awards of a maximum of $ 400 to cover costs associated with attendance at a national or international meeting to promote scientific exchanges. For meetings held in the province of Quebec, the maximum amount is $ 200.
- The meeting must occur between January 1st and December 31st, 2018 and a limit of 2 travel grants per laboratory has been set
- The candidate must give an oral or poster presentation at the meeting;
- The research director must be a member or collaborator of the RQR;
- Only one travel award per year per trainee;
- The meeting cannot take place in the city where the candidate lives
- The RQR Symposium does not meet the criteria for this competition.
If the Travel grant is awarded, the following documents will be required:
- Proof of registration to the meeting;
- Proof that your abstract has been accepted for an oral or poster presentation.
RQR co-supervision bursaries
The RQR wishes to congratulate students who have obtained an RQR co-supervision bursary:
- Laura Girardet (PhD), co-supervised by Drs. Clémence Belleannée (Université Laval) and Daniel Cyr (INRS) – $ 13,500;
- Simon Lafontaine (MSc), co-supervised by Drs. Marc-André Sirard and Claude Robert (Université Laval) – $ 13,500;
- Ariane Lalonde-Larue (DMV-MSc), co-supervised by Drs. Gustavo Zamberlam and Derek Boerboom (Université de Montréal) – $ 5,000;
- Lisa-Marie Legault (MSc), co-supervised by Drs. Serge McGraw (Université de Montréal) and Barbara Hales (McGill University) – $ 5,000;
- Virginie Gaudreault (MSc), co-supervised by Drs. Sylvie Girard and Christopher Price (Université de Montréal) $ 5,000.
RQR grants for new collaborations
Regarding the Axis 2 funding program for new collaborations, we congratulate Drs. Isabelle Plante and Géraldine Delbès as well as Drs. Julie Lavoie and Cathy Vaillancourt for establishing their new collaborations. Each team received a $ 5,000 grant funded by the RQR.
RQR workshop confocal microscopy
RQR workshop confocal microscopy
A training workshop on confocal microscopy took place on February 1st, 2018 at UQAM. Ten RQR students were enrolled in this workshop.
FRQNT International internship program
The FRQNT opened a 2017-2018 competition to allow us to expand our international network: the international internship program (reserved for MSc and PhD students of the network).
Act quickly, there are still some places available!
For this contest, the stay must begin no later than September 30, 2018.
For any questions about this program, do not hesitate to contact Charlène Rico, RQR Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events to come
Seminar by Dr. Marie-Hélène Verlhac (Collège de France, Paris)
Dr. Verlhac will present a seminar entitled “Active fluctuations modulate gene expression in mouse oocytes” on February 21st at 1:00pm at the Research Institute of the MUHC. For more information, please contact email@example.com
The 51steannual SSR meeting
This year’s annual SSR meeting will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana from July 10-13, 2018.
The deadline to submit an abstract is midnight on February 23rd, 2018.
For more information, visit the SSR website.
24h of science
The RQR is still seeking for volunteers to organize a scientific activity during the 24h of science, “the Quebec event of science and technology” that will be held on May 12th and 13th, 2018 on the topic : Movement.
Please visit their website for more information.
Members of the RQR who wish to organize an activity are invited to contact Charlène Rico <ahref=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com or by phone 450 773-8521, extension 8286.