New collaboration grants
Four projects were funded with a grant as part of the RQR new collaboration grants competition:
- Rôle des Syncytines dans la prééclampsie, Benoît Barbeau from UQAM and Julie Lavoie from the Université de Montréal.
- Development of tools to test biomarkers of the fetal testis development in toxicological studies, Géraldine Delbès of the INRS and Frédéric Leduc from Immune Biosolutions.
- Role of HMGB1 in pathological pregnancies, Sylvie Girard and Martin Frasch from the Université de Montréal.
- Susceptibility of epigenetic interactions to hereditary dysregulation in embryonic cells, Serge McGraw from the Université de Montréal and Nicolas Gévry from the Université de Sherbrooke.
Workshop on advances in genetic expression
The educational seminar “Advances in Gene Expression: Comparing RNA-Seq, Digital PCR, and direct mRNA molecular indexing” organised by the RQR and D-Mark Biosciences in now available online by clicking here.
- Challenges of gene expression experiments, Bruce D. Murphy, Université de Montréal
- Pros and cons of digital PCR and RNA-Seq, Greg Dijkman, D-Mark Biosciences
- Workflow improvements and Molecular indexing, Stephen Rogers, D-Mark Biosciences
Note that the seminar will be presented in Montréal and Québec in the coming months as mentioned in the last bulletin. More details to come.
CSR Research day
Registration for the 2015 CSR Research day: Breakthroughs in Reproduction and Development is officially opened! This event will be held in Montréal on May 19th at McGill University.
Registration deadline: May 1st, 2015
Abstract submission deadline : April 7th, 2015
RQR Scholarships competition: Summer 2015
The RQR announces a summer scholarship competition directed only to undergraduate trainees. The summer internship must be performed under the direction of a RQR researcher. Scholarships of $2,500 are offered and are non-renewable.
The following rules apply for this contest:
- Maximum of 2 scholarships per researcher.
- The student is not eligible if he/she is a recipient of a government scholarship (NSERC, FRQNT, CIHR, etc.) or a CSR scholarship.
- The student is not eligible if his/her director of research has not completed the annual update of their web page on the RQR website.
Application will be evaluated according the following criteria:
RQR activities to come...
May 9, 2015: Two activities will be held by the RQR as part of the 24 Hours of Science program.
- 10am to noon – Fertilité et grossesse : la lumière a-t-elle un effet?
- 1pm to 3pm – Lumière sur le spermatozoïde!