2017 Symposium RQR
The RQR is pleased to announce that the 10th RQR Symposium will be held on November 14 and 15, 2017 at the Pavillon La Coop of the Espace St-Hyacinthe.
A block of standard rooms (1 King bed or 2 Queen beds) is reserved for the RQR at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in St-Hyacinthe as follows:
- Single or double occupancy: $127 + taxes; Triple occupancy:$142; Quadruple occupancy: $157
- Breakfast (hot buffet) included
- Indoor heated swimming pool open from 8 am to 10 pm
- Unlimited access to Wifi for free
Do not forget to mention the name of the group (Réseau Québécois en reproduction) to benefit from the special price.
2017 Guest Speakers
Members (especially trainees!) are invited to submit their guest speakers suggestions for the 10th annual RQR Symposium. You can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of June.
Two RQR trainees invited to the FIR Course in Woods Hole
Micka Bertucci (laboratory of Dr. Bruce D. Murphy) and Gauthier Schang (laboratory of Dr. Daniel Bernard), were awarded RQR scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for their attendance to the Frontiers in Reproduction course.
The prestigious FIR course is a world-famous training ground for Reproductive Biologists. Only 20 participants are selected each year from a competitive admissions pool.
Congratulations to Micka and Gauthier!
Results of the 2017 RQR Travel Awards
The RQR wishes to congratulate the 31 students who received a travel award in the amount of $250 to present their research results at meetings in 2017:
- Adrien Levasseur, UdeM
- Agathe Bernet, ULaval
- Aliya Affdal, UdeM
- Amanda Baracho, UdeM
- Amélie Tremblay, INRS
- Anne-Marie Downey, McGill
- Anthony Estienne, UdeM
- Arlette Rwigemera, INRS
- Chirine Toufaily, McGill
- Chloé Fortin, ULaval
- Cyntia Duval, UdeM
- David Landry, ULaval
- Haidar Hazar, UdeM
- Han Yan, McGill
- Joanie Faubert, UdeS
- Karina Gutierrez, McGill
- Lisa-Marie Legault, UdeM (125$)
- Marie-Charlotte Meinsohn, UdeM
- Marie-Ève Brien, UdeM
- Marie-Pier Poulin, ULaval
- Mayra Tsoi, UdeM
- Mélanie Busby, INRS
- Océane Albert, McGill
- Pauline Herst, ULaval
- Phanie L. Charest, ULaval
- Philippe Godin, UdeM
- Samir Mehanovic, ULaval
- Virginie Bertrand-Lehouillier, UdeM (125$)
- Vitor Braga Rissi, McGill
- Yasmine Schuermann, McGill
- Yining Li, McGill
On behalf of the RQR, congratulations to all the awardees and have a good meeting!
2016-2017 international internships
Three RQR trainees were awarded a scholarship through the FRQNT international internships program:
- Florence Pagé-Larivière, PhD trainee at the Université Laval under the direction of Dr. Marc-André Sirard:$5,000 for a 2 month internship at the United States Environmental Protection Agency in Minnesota.
- Lucas Fagundes, PhD trainee under the direction of Dr. Cathy Vaillancourt from the INRS: $10,000 for a 4 month internship at the Université de Rennes 1 in France.
- Nozha Raguema, PhD trainee at the Université de Monastir in Tunisia: $15,000 for a 6 month internship within the RQR in the laboratory of Dr. Julie Lavoie from the Université de Montréal.
The RQR congratulates these students for their scholarship and wishes them success in reaching their research and training objectives!
Something new on female infertility!
Dr. Greg FitzHarris and his team, RQR members from the CRCHUM, have discovered a possible new explanation for female infertility. The news, published on the CRCHUM website, was also featured in an article entitled Une nouvelle explication à l’infertilité féminine liée à l’âge, published in LaPresse.
The scientific paper appears in Current Biology.
Congratulations to Dr. FitzHarris and his team!
The CRRA becomes the CRRF: NEW LOGO!
It is with enthusiasm that the Centre de recherche en reproduction et fertilité (CRRF) of the Université de Montréal presents its new logo!
Next step: complete redesign of the website!