2018 RQR Symposium
The 11th RQR Symposium will be held on November 13th and 14th, 2018 at the McGill New Residence Hall located at 3625 Avenue du Parc, Montreal, H2X 3P8.
Martin Matzuk of Baylor College of Medicine, Texas.
Shanna Swan, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai.
Miguel Ramalho-Santos of Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
Preliminary program is available here.
SAVE THE DATES
- Symposium : November 13th and 14th
- Deadline to register : October 12th, 2018
- Deadline to submit your abstract : September 21st, 2018
New ! This year, the organization of the Symposium (information, registration and abstract submission) will be done online using FOURWAVES event organization technology, http://fourwav.es/symposiumRQR2018. Both French and English versions are available. All RQR members will be notified by e-mail when registration and abstract submission will open.
Regarding accommodation, a limited block of rooms has been reserved at the Delta Montreal Hotel. You can book your rooms online or by calling 1-844-860-3753. Be sure to mention the group code O62 to qualify for the preferential rate. All information can be found on the Symposium web page: http://fourwav.es/symposiumRQR2018
RQR pre-symposium workshop
The topic of this year’s pre-symposium workshop will be « Reproduction in exotic and wildlife species ». The RQR will be honored to host four illustrious scientists who will speak about their work with zoo animals and wildlife, as well as their career paths.
– Dre Gabriela Mastromonaco, Toronto Zoo
– Dre Janine Brown, Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute Center for species survival
– Dr Christopher Tubbs, San Diego Zoo
– Dr Glen Van Der Kraak, Guelph University
The workshop will be held on November 12th, 2018 in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (venue TBD). The program is available here. This workshop will be FREE for the regular members and collaborators of the RQR and their trainees, but registration will be mandatory due to limited seating.
SAVE THE DATES
- Pre-Symposium workshop: November 12th, 2018
- Deadline to register: October 12th, 2018
RQR new members
It is with great pleasure that the RQR welcomes two new regular members: Dr. Sophie Petropoulos (Axis 2, CRCHUM, Université de Montréal) and Dr. Kalidou Ndiaye (Axis 1, Faculté de médecine vétérinaire, Université de Montréal), effective June 1st 2018.
The 24h de science
On May 11th, Dr. Janice Bailey’s team organized an activity for 24h of science. Their activity entitled: « the secret world of spermatozoa : a messenger for next generations » was a great success, attracting an audience of around forty people and sparking interesting discussions.
This activity was organized in the form of different booths with interactive games.
The RQR would like to thank all the members of Dr. Bailey’s laboratory for their involvement in this event and congratulate them for its success!
New RQR training workshop
The next RQR training workshop will be held on August 29th, 2018 on the following theme: Patents and knowledge transfer. It will be held at the Bureau de la recherche et du développement (BRDV), Université de Montréal. Please consult the new RQR website for the latest updates.
Did you know ?
(1) The RQR has a budget of $ 6,000 to help defray publication costs of scientific articles resulting from collaborations between its members. To be eligible, the article must:
– Be co-authored by at least 2 regular members of the RQR, one of whom must be the senior author.
– Be published (issue date) between April 1st, 2018 and March 31st, 2019.
– The maximum amount of this contribution is $ 1,000 per article and per researcher, until funds are depleted. First come, first served!
(2) A budget of $ 5,000 is also available to reimburse expenses incurred by RQR members and trainees as part of a knowledge transfer activity. The latter may include any event in which scientific and research information is relayed to its end-users (veterinarians, producers, clinicians etc …) and/or to the general public.
Examples are television or radio broadcasts, interviews, publication of popularized newspaper or magazine articles, and poster or oral presentations of research data to non-scientific target audiences.
The maximum amount reimbursed will be $ 500 per activity and per researcher/trainee, until funds are depleted. Event information and invoices may be requested as necessary. First come, first served!
- ASAF-CFAS conference on July 8th-12th, 2018 in Vancouver, Canada. Information
- 51st annual meeting of the SSR on July 10th-13th, 2018 in New-Orleans, Lousiane, USA. Information
- 9th international congress of neuroendocrinology on July 15th-18th, 2018 in Toronto. Information
- Mammalian Reproduction Gordon Research conference from July 29th to August 3rd, 2018 in Italy. Information