New grant competitions will be organized in 2021….Stay tuned !
As part of the partnership between the RQR and the GDR 3606 Repro in France, a funding competition has been organized to support the establishment of three new collaborations, between our two networks. The maximal amount of this funding is $10,000 per award.
This competition is now open and the deadline to apply is September 30th until midnight. Your applications must be sent to Cathy Froment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The aim of this competition is to strengthen our links with the research end-users such as governmental agencies, industry and the Centres Collégiaux de Transfert de Technologie. This competition will fund one new collaboration with a maximal budget of $25,000.
This competition is now open and the deadline to apply is September 30th until midnight. Your applications must be sent to Cathy Froment (email@example.com). Application information is described in the competition guidelines below.
- To be eligible, the named principal investigator and at least one co-applicant must be regular members of the RQR.
- A researcher may apply to the research Axis that he deems most appropriate for his application, independently of the principal investigator’s ou co-applicant’s research Axis.
- The proposed research must be fundable by the FRQNT (i.e., non-biomedical) and must relate to the scientific objectives of the RQR and of the Axis to which you will apply (See the scientific program of each Axis: https://www.rqr.umontreal.ca/en/research/).
- A researcher may submit only one proposal as the principal investigator, but may be a co-applicant on several proposals.
- The project must not be currently (or have previously been) funded by any source.
- Preliminary data is permitted but not required.
- Preference will be given to inter-university collaborations.
- The maximum allowable budget for this competition is $25,000. Allowable expenses include: $13,000 for laboratory supplies and expendables and $12,000 in salary support for technicians or research professionals (research assistants and associates employed by an RQR member). Equipment, animal costs, services and bursaries for students and postdocs are excluded.
- Provide a Word or pdf document with the following information (5 pages maximum, 12pt Times font, 2.5cm margins, single line spacing):
- Names of the principal investigator and co-applicants and their respective institutions
- Axis you wish apply
- Email of the principal investigator
- Project title
- Background ± preliminary data
- Hypothesis and objectives
- Experimental design
- Roles of the different investigators and planned interactions.
- Figures (if needed)
- Itemized budget and justification
Send your application to Cathy Froment (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 15th 2019.
A budget of $ 4,000 is available to reimburse expenses incurred by RQR members and trainees as part of a knowledge transfer activity.
The latter may include any event in which scientific and research information is relayed to its end-users (veterinarians, producers, clinicians etc …) and/or to the general public.
Examples are television or radio broadcasts, interviews, publication of popularized newspaper or magazine articles, and poster or oral presentations of research data to non-scientific target audiences.
The maximum amount reimbursed will be $ 500 per activity, until funds are depleted. Event information and invoices may be requested as necessary.
First come, first served!